2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup (130 g) white chocolate chips ( bits/ buttons)
1 cup chopped fresh mango flesh (or 440 g can mango pieces, well drained)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream
90 gm butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine milk, cream, butter and egg and keep it aside.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped mango gently.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the combined wet ingredients (step 2) and mix with a fork or rubber spatula until just combined. (Do not overmix, the batter should look quite lumpy.)
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely….