2 cups basmati rice
250-300 gm fish, cut in pieces ( I used king fish /ayakoora)
1- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 large onion, sliced
5-6 slit green chillies
1″ piece of cinnamon
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp raisins
coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
oil as required
2-3 tbsp ghee
- Wash the rice and drain. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and marinate the cleaned fish pieces for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated fish pieces. Shred or mince the fried fish and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and 2-3 tbsp ghee and fry the onions, cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and green chillies and saute.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water and salt and allow to boil. When it starts to boil, add drained rice and cook covered till done and all the water is absorbed.
- Then add half of the minced/ shredded fried fish, half portion of fried onions, cashew nuts, raisins and garam masala and mix well with the rice. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the rice to a serving plate and garnish it with remaining fried fish, fried onions, cashew nuts, raisins and coriander leaves. Serve hot….