1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 big onions, chopped
2 big tomatoes, chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 cup grated coconut
11/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cut and clean chicken into pieces.
- Grind grated coconut to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, green chillies, cloves and cardamom powder and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, curry leaves and salt and saute well.
- Then add ground coconut paste, cleaned chicken pieces and 1 cup of water and mix well. Cook covered for about 15-20 minutes in medium flame until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with ghee rice, pathiri, chapati …..
Recipe from Non Vegetarian Vibhavangal