1 cup dried white peas
1 big onion, chopped
4-5 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tomato, chopped
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
3/4-1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp pepper powder
coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 1/2 -2 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak dried white peas in water for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Grind grated coconut to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onions and saute well.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped green chillies and tomato and saute till soft.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add soaked white peas and salt and pressure cook till it gets cooked.
- Then add ground coconut paste to the cooked white peas, mix well and heat it on low flame for few minutes.
- Add garam masala, pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot……