Pazham Pori / Kaayi porichathu is the popular tea time snack of Kerala..It is a very tasty and easy to prepare snack prepared with ripe nendrapazham…
3 ripe bananas / nendrapazham
1 cup maida/ plain flour
2-3 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
water as required
oil for frying
- Peel and cut banana into half and then cut each piece lengthwise into four pieces. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the plain flour, sugar and salt and mix well adding enough water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip each banana pieces in the batter and deep fry them on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain and transfer to a kitchen tissue…Serve hot with tea…
- Can add 2 tbsp rice flour (for crispiness) and pinch of turmeric powder while preparing the batter..