I saw the baked version of this snack in one of the shared messages in Facebook recently. This is the fried version of the same.
1 cup chicken, cooked
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
3/4 tsp ginger paste
3/4 tsp garlic paste
few coriander leaves
1 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup plain flour/ maida
salt to taste
- Cook chicken with chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute well. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and little salt and saute well.
- Add cooked shredded chicken and mix well. Add pepper powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour and salt and knead well to a dough adding enough water.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll out into a small puri shape.
- You can also try this with other fillings of your choice like beef, mutton, fish, prawn, veg etc.