3 cups all purpose flour/ plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
125 gm unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup/ 225 gm strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Grease 18 hole muffin tin or line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and sugar together. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Stir into the dry ingredients ( step 2) until just blended.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries very lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin until three quarters full and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack and serve….
Recipe adapted from Australian Women’s Weekly -Muffins, Cupcakes and Cookies