1/2 kg pomfret/ avoli, cut into pieces
2 cup onions , finely chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
4-5 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup cashew nuts, roasted and then grind to paste
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Clean and cut pomfret into pieces and keep it aside.
- Soak roasted cashew nuts for 10 minutes and then grind to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a pan and saute ginger paste, garlic paste and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and saute well adding salt till transparent.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder and mix well for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, green chillies and cleaned fish pieces, mix gently and cook covered till done.
- When cooked , add ground cashew nut paste, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves… Serve hot…