1 beetroot, finely chopped
2 green chillies
1/2 cup grated coconut
3/4-1 cup yoghurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Peel and finely chop beetroot and cook it with 1 finely chopped green chilly and salt adding little water.
- Grind grated coconut ,1 green chilly and 1/4 cup yoghurt to a smooth paste and keep it aside. Crush 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and mix it with the ground coconut mixture.
- Add this ground mixture to the cooked beetroot and mix well.
- Add the remaining yoghurt, mix well and heat in low flame for 2-3 minutes. Don’t allow to boil. Adjust salt and add 1/2 tsp sugar (optional) and mix well.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a small pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the pachadi…Serve with rice..