250 gm / 3 pieces of king fish/ ayakoora/ neymeen
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
50 gm shallots
3 garlic cloves
2-3 dry red chillies
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
salt to taste
few curry leaves
- Clean king fish pieces and marinate it with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat little oil in a pan and fry the marinated fish pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same oil used for frying fish, add the chopped shallots , garlic and dry red chillies and saute well.
- Then grind it with vinegar and salt without adding water to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Wilt lightly the banana leaves by placing it on the gas flame. Spread 2 tsp onion paste on the banana leaf and place the fried fish on top of it. Then cover the fish with another layer of onion paste.
- Sprinkle few curry leaves and 1 tsp coconut oil on top of it and fold the banana leaf to wrap up the fish and tie it using a thread or with a banana leaf stem fiber. Repeat the same with other fried fish pieces ..
- Heat a non stick pan / tawa and place the wrapped fish, cover and roast /grill on low flame for 4-5 minutes on each side, till both sides are done..Remove from the pan and serve hot..