2 cups raw jackfruit/ chakkachula
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 tbsp of water
oil for frying
- Clean and cut raw jackfruit into thin strips.
- In a bowl, mix turmeric powder and salt in 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the sliced jackfruit in batches and fry it on medium flame until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally so that the chips are evenly cooked.
- Reduce the flame and sprinkle little salt water just before taking out from oil.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel and let it cool. Store in an air tight container.