2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of hot water
1 cup prawns, cleaned
5-6 king fish pieces
1/2-1 cup squid , cut into rings
4-5 onions, sliced
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
6-7 green chillies, crushed
2 big tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
3-4 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
- Wash and drain the rice. Heat ghee in a wide thick bottomed pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves,bay leaves and 1 sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 2-3 minutes in low-medium flame. To this add boiling water and salt and cook till rice is done. Keep it aside.
- Marinate cleaned prawns , king fish pieces and squid pieces in separate bowls with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns, king fish pieces and squids and keep it aside.
- In a large thick pan, add 3 tbsp oil and add 4 sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and crushed green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and saute well till soft.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Then add fried prawns, king fish pieces and squids and mix well and cook covered on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice on top of the prepared masala.
- Mix little yellow food color with 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice and sprinkle over the rice. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp ghee, chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Close with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with raita, pickle and pappadum….