2 cups raw rice/ pachari
1/2 cup sugar or as required
pinch of salt
3/4 – 1 cup coconut milk or as required
1 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
oil for frying
- Wash and soak raw rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind the drained rice with eggs, sugar, salt and coconut milk to a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should be slightly thinner than dosa batter.
- Add sesame seeds and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip the achappam mould in the hot oil for a minute and then dip 3/4th of the mould in the batter ( Note :Do not dip the mould completely into the batter).
- Then dip the batter coated mould in the hot oil without touching the bottom of the pan.
- Shake the mould lightly after 30 seconds so that it will loosen and drop into the oil.
- Fry both sides until golden colour and crispy on medium flame and drain onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the process by dipping the achappam mould in hot oil each time before dipping it in the batter.
- Allow it to cool and store in an air tight container…