2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
125 gm white chocolate chips (bits/ buttons)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 gm butter, melted
150 gm blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and white chocolate bits to this and stir well until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg , buttermilk, vanilla essence and melted butter.
- Add this wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blackberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely….
Such delicious muffins Shabbu… especially when blackberries are available!