2 cups oats
1/2 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
water as required
- In a nonstick pan, dry roast the oats on medium flame for about 3-4 minutes. Allow it to cool and then powder it using a blender.
- In a bowl, add this powdered oats and 2-3 tbsp grated coconut and mix well. Add little salt to water and sprinkle this water little by little to the oats and mix well with fingers till the mixture is wet. Don’t add too much water…
- Then transfer this oats flour/ mixture to a blender and pulse for two three times.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the oats flour and then a layer of grated coconut. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot with kadala curry / banana or any curry of your choice….