250 gm rice flour
1- 1 1/2 cup grated coconut
200 gm jaggery
2-3 cardamoms, crushed
salt to taste
boiling water as required
- Boil water in a pan with enough salt. Add the required amount of boiling water little by little to the rice flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula.
- When it is warm enough to handle, knead it with your hands until the dough becomes soft. Keep it aside.
- To prepare the filling, melt the jaggery adding 1/2 cup of water and strain it.
- Then add the grated coconut to the strained jaggery, mix well and cook until all the water dries up.
- Add crushed cardamon to this and mix well. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Make medium sized balls out of the prepared dough and flatten them with your palm.
- Place 1 tbsp of coconut-jaggery filling, cover it and roll it into a ball.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and filling.
- Place the kozhukattas in the steamer and steam cook for 12-15 minutes..Serve it warm..