For the Biscuits:
100 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar, powdered
50 gm unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp honey/ golden syrup
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tsp milk
For the Filling:
50 gm butter, softened
100 gm icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celicus. Line a baking tray with baking paper/ parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
- Then whisk in the honey/ golden syrup.
- Add the sifted flour to this and mix using a spatula until everything combines and form a dough.
- If the mixture is dry, add few teaspoon of milk (2-3 tsp) and bring all the dough together and form it into a smooth ball.
6. Then roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface using rolling pin to about 4 mm thickness.
7. Cut the rolled out dough into strips of 2-3 cm and then cut these strips into 5-6 cm lengths or cut using rectangular cutter.
8. Then using a fork / skewer , prick holes on the surface of the biscuits.
9. Carefully transfer them to the lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow them to cool on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely…
11. To make the filling, cream together the butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder until they are combined. Add a few drops of milk , if required, to have a spreadable consistency.
12. Once the biscuits have cooled down, place the filling between two biscuits and sandwich together..Repeat until all the biscuits are filled..