1 cup kumbalanga / ash gourd/ winter melon, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
- Peel and chop kumbalanga into small pieces and cook it in a pan adding 2 slit green chillies, salt and enough water.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1 green chilly and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds to a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked kumbalanga, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and mix well. Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the curry…Serve with rice…