1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp / 8 big garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp finely chopped celery with leaves
1 1/2-2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp chilli paste
2 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
few spring onions, finely chopped
1 tsp sugar
4-5 dry red chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Soak 4-5 dry red chillies removing seeds in warm water for 10-15 minutes and then grind it to a paste. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cleaned prawns with 1/2 tsp sugar and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped dry red chillies. Add chopped celery and crushed garlic and saute well.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add prawns and mix well for a minute. Then reduce the flame and add kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp chilli paste (step 1) and salt and mix well. Then mix in the vinegar.
- Then add soy sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well for a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water and 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onions, mix well and cook covered on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar and chopped spring onions and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven
Hi Shabs…prawns in schezwan sauce looks temptg