1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 cups onion, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
3 green chillies, chopped
few curry leaves
1 cup thin coconut milk
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 tbsp poppy seeds ( grind it to paste)
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel powder
2 ” piece cinnamon
2 bay leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add cinnamon, cloves,cardamoms and bay leaves and roast well.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped green chillies , onion and salt and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, pepepr powder and fennel powder and mix well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces to this and saute well for 2-3 minutes in this masala.
- Pour thin coconut milk and mix well. Add few curry leaves and adjust salt, mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Then add tomato and poppy seed paste, mix well and cook it covered on medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and mix well and heat the curry for 2-3 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Add few curry leaves and switch off the flame…Serve with pathiri, ghee rice etc…