2 cups parboiled rice
3 large crabs, cut into pieces
2 large onions, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
4 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup shallots, chopped
few curry leaves
2 cinnamon pieces
3 cups of water
3 cups of coconut milk
salt to taste
few coriander leaves, chopped
- Cut the crabs into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add sliced onions and saute well.
- Add slit green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Then add coriander powder, chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add cleaned crab pieces and salt and cook covered on medium flame till done.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala to this, mix well and remove it from flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker and add chopped shallots, curry leaves, cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and saute well.
- Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water, 3 cups of coconut milk, drained rice and salt to this and pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure is gone, open the cooker and add cooked crab along with its masala, 1/2 tsp garam masala and few coriander leaves and mix well.
- Then cook it on low flame for 10-15 minutes till the rice is cooked well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…
- Some rice needs more water to get cooked, so adjust the water/ coconut milk accordingly. Here I used total 6 cups ( 3 cups of water and 3 cups of coconut milk) for 2 cups of parboiled rice.