1 cup plain flour/ all purpose flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
150 gm unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp red food colour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a madeleine pan and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the red food colour.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, milk and vinegar and mix well.
- Then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the madeleine pan , filling the moulds 3/4th full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, and then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar once cooled and serve….