1 cup skinned whole wheat
2 tbsp grated coconut
1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (add more or less)
1/2-1 cup boneless chicken pieces
3/4 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp ghee
2 shallots, sliced
salt to taste
- Wash and soak the whole wheat in water overnight.
- Cook the drained wheat in a pressure cooker adding 3 cups of water and salt till done.
- Once the pressure is gone, open the cooker and add the grated coconut, fennel seeds and chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cook it on low flame for 10-15 minutes till the chicken is cooked well and then mash it using back of the ladle.
- Boil it well and add the thick coconut milk and mix well. Switch off the flame before it comes to boil. Adjust the consistency by adding coconut milk and add salt if needed.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and fry the sliced shallots till brown and pour this over the soup and serve hot…