1 cup rava/ semolina
2 cups water
1 tsp ghee (optional)
salt to taste
- In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of water adding enough salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add rava by stirring continuously and mix well using a wooden spoon on low flame till they thickens and the water completely evaporates.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down for sometime.
- Knead the dough to a soft and smooth dough adding little ghee and make small balls out of it.
- Then place each ball in a pathiri press between two plastic covers and press it to a thin round shape or press it by applying little oil. ( You can also roll them into small rounds using a rolling pin by sprinkling rice flour).
- Heat a pan on medium heat and place the pathiri on it and cook for 10 sec on one side and then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Flip it over again and when it puff up remove from the pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining balls …..Serve hot with any curry of your choice….