4 pita breads ( homemade or store bought)
1/2 kg boneless chicken
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3 tbsp yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato , thinly sliced
1 tbsp coriander leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
6-8 tbsp mayonnaise
- Clean and cut boneless chicken into small thin strips.
- Then marinate it with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, yoghurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces till cooked over high flame stirring occasionally. Remove it from the flame.
- In a bowl, mix together the fried chicken, thinly sliced onion, tomato, coriander leaves, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt.
- Cut each pita bread into half and open the pocket inside for stuffing.
- Spread little mayonnaise all over inside the pita pocket, place some lettuce and fill with the prepared chicken -veg stuffing.
- Repeat the same for each pita pocket, drop some tomato sauce on top and serve immediately…