1 large banana/ nendrapazham
1/2-3/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
8 cashew nuts, chopped
1 tbsp ghee
6-8 puff pastry squares
1 beaten egg for brushing
- Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature.
- Chop banana into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated coconut and saute for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Then in the same pan, add the chopped banana and fry till it turns soft and golden in colour on medium flame.
- Add grated coconut, fried cashew nuts, raisins, sugar and cardamom powder to this and mix well.
- Remove it from the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius and grease a baking tray with oil.
- Take the thawed puff pastry square and place little filling on one side of the pastry and cover it diagonally with the other side and press lightly on the sides using your fingers or with a fork.
- Place all the folded puffs on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the puffs turn golden brown on top. Serve with tea..