250 gm mushrooms, cut into pieces
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup thick coconut milk
6 garlic cloves
1 piece ginger
1 onion, sliced
5 green chillies
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp oil
2 sprigs coriander leaves
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to a paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onions to this and saute well.
- Add sliced ginger, green chillies, garlic and tomatoes and saute well till soft.
- Then add the masala paste and mix well till the water evaporates.
- Add the mushroom pieces and salt to this and cook it covered on low flame till done.
- Now add the coconut milk and when it starts boiling, add the coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot ...