1/2 cup payasam rice/ unakkalari/ red rice
4 cups of milk
1 cup of water
3/4-1 cup sugar
3 cardamoms, crushed
- In a pressure cooker, add the washed rice, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of water and sugar and mix well. Close with the lid and keep it in medium flame.
- When the steam starts coming out, put the pressure cooker weight and cook for 1 whistle on medium-low flame.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add the remaining 2 cups of milk and simmer for about 20 minutes on low flame ,stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked soft and the payasam get a thick creamy consistency.
- Check the sugar and add crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve warm / cold…