2 medium potatoes
1 medium / 1/2 cup carrot, cubed
1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1 onion, sliced
5-6 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp ginger, thinly chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves
1″ cinnamon stick
6-8 black pepper corns
1 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrot into small cubes.
- In a pan, add the cubed potatoes, carrot, green peas, sliced onion, slit green chillies, 1 sprig curry leaves, ginger , pepper corns, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and salt and cook it covered adding little water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the thick coconut milk and cook in low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 sprig curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add this to the prepared stew and mix well …Serve with appam, idiyappam etc…