1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add grated coconut and dry roast it with shallots and fennel seeds till brown.
- Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a manchatti (clay pot )/ pan and add chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add cleaned prawns and salt to this, mix well and cook on medium flame till done.
- Then add ground coconut paste and about 1 cup of water and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Add coriander leaves and remove from the flame. Serve with rice, pathiri, neer dosa….