For Kadumbu (Rice dumplings)
1 1/2 cups rice flour
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup water
For Drumstick Curry / Gravy
4-5 drumsticks/ muringakka/ muringakol, cut into pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, choppedra
2-3 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp roasted coriander powder
salt to taste
- For preparing kadumbu, first crush grated coconut, fennel seeds and small onion together.
- Boil water and salt in a pan. Add this boiling water to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add the crushed coconut mixture and knead well to a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and slightly flatten it and steam cook in a steamer for 10-12 minutes..Keep them aside..
- To prepare the drumstick curry / gravy, grind together grated coconut, chilli powder and roasted coriander powder to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, cook the drumstick pieces with chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked drumstick and cook for few minutes.
- When it boils well, add the prepared kadumbu/ rice dumplings into this,mix well and cook on low flame for 5 minutes or until the gravy is thick and well coated with rice dumplings….Serve as a main dish…
- Adjust the spice level to your taste…