1/2 kg maida/ plain flour
1 tsp ghee
salt to taste
water as required
oil as required
- In a bowl, add the flour, ghee and salt and combine well with your fingers.
- Add enough water to this and knead well to a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough to lemon sized balls and roll out each ball to thin large round.
- Apply little oil on its surface, fold twice to get four layers and roll again.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pooris till they turn golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with any curry….
Recipe adapted from food.manoramaonline….