1 chicken ( about 1 1/2 kg ), cut into pieces
2 onions, chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1 big piece ginger
10 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh frozen green peas
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, add kashmiri chilli powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic and 12 shallots. Then grind these together to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a large thick bottomed pan and add chopped onions and curry leaves and saute well till transparent.
- Add slit green chillies and saute well till onion turns golden brown.
- Then add ground masala paste, mix well and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- When oil starts to appear, add the cleaned chicken pieces and salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup of water, mix well and cook covered, stirring in between.
- When the chicken is 3/4th cooked, add fresh frozen peas and mix well and cook till the chicken is well cooked and the gravy thickens. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry sliced 5-6 shallots and curry leaves. Add chopped coriander leaves and fry till crispy.
- Pour this over the curry and mix well. Serve hot….