250 gm dried blackcurrants
3/4 -1 cup sugar
3 cups of water
1 lemon / 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and soak blackcurrants in water for 20-30 minutes.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add drained blackcurrants, 2 1/2 cup water and sugar and cook until the blackcurrants turns soft and cooked well.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool completely.
- Then grind it using a blender and strain the puree to a bowl using a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the strainer and press/ squeeze blackcurrant puree again with spoon or hand.
- Add lemon juice to the strained mixture and mix well. Transfer this mixture into a baking dish / freezer safe container and freeze it for 1-2 hours.
- Then remove it from freezer and scrape the mixture with a fork to form slushy/ ice crystals.
- Return to freezer and freeze it again for 5-6 hours till granita is fully frozen.
- To Serve, scrape the granita with spoon/ fork and serve it in individual glasses/ bowls … Serve immediately….