2 cups curd/ yoghurt, at room temperature
4-5 shallots, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 green chillies, slit
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dried red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Prepare buttermilk by blending curd with enough water ( about 1/2 cup) in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dried red chillies, chopped shallots, ginger,garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. (optional: you can also add 1/4 tsp chilli powder).
- Add the prepared buttermilk to this and stir continuously on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Remove it from the flame and keep stirring it for another 2-3 minutes. Serve hot with rice…