1 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped into small pieces
1 tsp ginger, sliced
6-8 garlic cloves, sliced
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp vinegar
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp gingelly oil
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces and mix it with salt and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add sliced ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Then reduce the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add in 3-4 tbsp of water and mix well. When it starts to boil, add the pineapple and mix well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add vinegar and a pinch of sugar and mix well. Switch off the flame and allow to cool completely and then transfer into an airtight glass jar….
Looks lip smacking and delicious!
I made apple pickle few months back.. will try this one too.