4 medium crabs
2 onions, sliced
1 small tomato, sliced
1 1/2 tsp ginger, sliced
1 tsp garlic, sliced
2 green chillies, slit
1 raw mango/ pacha manga, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprig curry leaves
3 tbsp thengakothu/ coconut slices
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
1/4 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut and clean the crab pieces and cook it with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt adding enough water for about 10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat a clay pot/ manchatty and add oil. Add fenugreek seeds, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and coconut slices / thengakothu and saute for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies and saute well adding little salt.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and 1 tsp crushed pepper and mix well for a minute.
- Add mango pieces to this, mix well and cook it for 1-2 minutes adding 1/4 cup of water.
- When it boils, add the cooked crab and mix well.
- Add sliced tomato, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk and mix well till the masala is well coated with the crabs.
- Check for salt and add 1/4 tsp crushed pepper, 1 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a serving plate …Serve hot…