3 cups spinach, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 medium potatoes
1 piece ginger, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
a pinch of cumin seeds
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 egg, lightly beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
- Wash and finely chop the spinach. Boil the potatoes, peel off the skin and mash them well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds. Add finely chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies and salt and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped spinach to this, mix well and fry till the leaves are cooked and all the water dries up. Add turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes and chopped coriander leaves, mix well for 2 minutes on low flame and switch off the flame.
- Once the mixture has cooled off a bit, make small balls and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tomato sauce..
- You can also dip cutlet in maida batter (mix 1-2 tbsp maida in little water and prepare a thin batter) and then roll them in bread crumbs.