1 cup gram flour/ kadalapodi
1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
water as required
For Sugar syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp lemon juice
few strands of saffron
- In a bowl, add the gram flour, plain flour, sugar, salt , yoghurt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add water little by little and make a thick smooth batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, boil water adding sugar. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add the lemon juice and saffron strands and heat it till the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency.
- Cut apple into thin round slices and remove the seed part (or core and slice the apples into thin rings/ rounds).
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip the sliced apples in the prepared batter to coat it evenly and carefully drop it in the oil.
- Fry them at medium flame in small batches until both sides are crispy and turns golden colour.
- Transfer these fried apple slices into the warm sugar syrup and let it soak for about 1 minute and then place them over wire rack to let the excess syrup to drain.
- Serve hot…You can also serve them with vanilla ice cream….