2 cups basmati rice
100 gm paneer, cubed
150 gm boneless chicken pieces
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 onion, sliced
3 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tomato, chopped
1/4-1/2 cup yoghurt
3 cups water
2 cinnamon pieces
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 10-15 minutes, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the paneer cubes till light brown on both sides and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the chicken pieces, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried paneer to this and mix well for a minute and remove from the flame.
- Heat little oil and ghee in a pressure cooker and add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add sliced onion and saute well till transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and tomato and saute well.
- Add yoghurt to this and mix well.
- Add drained rice, water, fried chicken and paneer and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Close the pressure cooker with its lid and cook for 1 whistle, switch off the flame and allow the pressure to go by itself.
- Open the lid and gently fluff the rice using a fork and transfer to a serving bowl… Serve hot with raita…
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste….