1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4-1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup sugar
125 gm butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celcius. Lightly grease or line baking trays with baking paper/ parchment paper.
- Place the oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, place the butter and golden syrup and stir over low flame until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix baking soda with 1 tbsp of boiling water in a cup and then add to the melted butter- golden syrup mixture in the pan.
- Then quickly add into the dry ingredients (step 2) and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared trays 5 cm apart, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely…