1- 1 1/2 cup idli batter ( for 15 button/ mini idli’s)
100 gm boneless chicken
2 tsp plain flour
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp chilli paste
1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
1/2 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 onion, cubed
1/2 capsicum, cubed
3 dry red chillies, crushed
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2-3/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
salt to taste
- First prepare the button / mini idlis.. Grease the mini idli moulds with little oil and spoon/pour the batter in each hole.
- Then steam cook it for 10-12 minutes .Switch off the flame and remove the moulds and keep it aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Then carefully remove the idli’s from the moulds using a spoon and keep it aside.
- Clean and cut chicken into thin strips and marinate it with chilli paste, plain flour, 1 tbsp cornflour and salt. Keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken strips and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies, cubed onion, capsicum and crushed dry red chillies and saute well till golden brown.
- Then add soy sauce and tomato sauce and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder to this and mix well. Add chicken stock and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with little water and mix well. When it starts to thicken, add button idli’s and mix well for a minute.
- Then add the fried chicken strips and mix well for 2-3 minutes for the sauce to coat well with idli’s and chicken.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with chopped spring onions…Serve hot…