1/2 kg beef/ mutton, cut into pieces
2 big onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
4 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 big potato, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp fennel powder
200 ml thick coconut milk ( extracted from 1/2 cup of grated coconut)
1 sprig curry leaves
2 piece cinnamon
4 cardamoms, crushed
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat ghee and oil in a large heavy bottomed pan or in a pressure cooker.
- Add curry leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and 1 tbsp sliced onion and saute well till the onion turns golden.
- Then add the remaining sliced onion, chopped green chillies, ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fennel powder and mix well until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the cleaned meat pieces and mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cubed potato, salt and enough water, mix well and cook covered at medium flame until the meat are soft and cooked.
- Then add thick coconut milk to the cooked meat, mix well and allow to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame..Serve hot with ghee rice,pathiri, kadumbu, chapati etc..