5 hard boiled eggs, cut each into half
3 big potatoes, cut into big cubes
1 medium onion, sliced
1 big piece ginger, crushed
3 green chillies, slit
3 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp coriander powder
1 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3 cups thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tbsp vinegar
2 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
3 shallots, sliced
salt to taste
1 1/2-2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a manchatty / pan and add sliced onion, crushed ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well till golden brown.
- Then reduce the flame and add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix well till raw smell disappears.
- Add coriander powder and mix well. Then add chilli powder and mix well.
- Add thin coconut milk, cubed potatoes and salt, mix well and cook covered till done, stirring in between.
- Add garam masala to this and mix well. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Then add thick coconut milk and when it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Add the boiled egg pieces and mix gently to cover the eggs with the gravy.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and fry dry red chillies, sliced shallots and curry leaves. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Add this seasoning over the prepared egg curry and serve hot…