1 cup cheriyari/ jeerakasala/ kaima rice
1/4 cup green gram / cherupayar
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt as required
- Wash rice and green gram and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the rice and green gram by adding about 4-5 cups of water on medium flame for 4-5 whistles or until the rice is cooked well.
- Grind the grated coconut in a blender adding 1 cup of water. Then sieve it through a strainer and extract its thick coconut milk.
- Pour this coconut milk to the cooked kanji and add salt and cumin seeds and bring it to boil on medium low heat, stirring in between.
- Check for salt and if the kanji is too thick, add little more hot water and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot…