1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1 ” piece cinnamon
1 big onion, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook it adding 1/2 cup of water for 1 whistle.
- Blanch the tomato (add tomato in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a bowl of cold water), then peel off the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion till soft. Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Grind the grated coconut together with chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Then grind the sauteed onion and the blanched tomato together to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add ginger paste, garlic paste, curry leaves and salt and saute well.
- Add the ground onion-tomato paste to this and mix well.
- Then add the ground coconut paste and 1/2 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Once boiled, add the cooked chicken pieces, mix well and cook on low-medium flame till the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves…Serve hot…