1/2 kg green grapes / pacha munthiri
1″ piece ginger, crushed
5 garlic cloves, crushed
3 green chillies, chopped
2 1/2-3 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp roasted and crushed mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp salt or as required
2 tbsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, add the cleaned grapes and mix it well with salt, green chillies, crushed ginger and garlic and keep it covered overnight.
- Then next day, mix it with chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, fenugreek powder and vinegar and keep it aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Switch off the flame and allow to cool.
- Then add this cooled seasoning and crushed mustard seeds to the grapes mixture and stir it well. Adjust the salt and spice level.
- Transfer it to a clean and dry airtight glass jar/ bottle…..