2 cups / 1/2 of 1 big yellow cucumber / vellarikka
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies, slit
1/2-3/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp oil
- Peel off the skin of vellarikka, remove its seeds and cut it into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped vellarikka, crushed garlic, green chilles, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add grated coconut to this, mix well and cook covered at low flame until done, stirring occasionally. (Sprinkle little water if required).
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up…Remove from flame and serve as a side dish with rice…