2 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar or as required ( or use 3/4-1 tin condensed milk)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a small saucepan, add the rinsed blueberries, 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice and cook over low heat until tender for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then switch off the flame and allow to cool completely and then puree it in a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat milk and sugar in a pan at medium flame stirring till the sugar has dissolved completely. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer this to a large bowl and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the blueberry puree, whipping cream and vanilla essence and beat well using an electric beater till everything is combined.
- Pour this mixture into freezer safe container, cover tightly and allow to freeze for an hour.
- Then remove the container from freezer and beat it again, cover and freeze for 8 hours or until set..
- To serve, keep it out of the freezer for 5 minutes, scoop out and then serve 🙂