1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
3 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 green chillies, slit
1 piece ginger, crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coriander leaves
4-5 mint leaves
1 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil as required
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns till half cooked and keep it aside.
- In the same oil ( add more if required), add the chopped onions, tomato, crushed garlic, ginger, slit green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and mint leaves and saute well till the onion turns brown in colour.
- Then add 1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add fried prawns to this, mix well and cook covered till done. Then remove the lid and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with pathiri, neer dosa, chapati etc…